BURGATE MANOR FARM FISHERY
RIVER AVON FORDINGBRIDGE SP6 1LX
Approximately 1 mile of single bank fishing on the River Avon.
Access: The turning into Burgate Manor Farm is located opposite the Surma Valley restaurant on the A338 Ringwood to Salisbury road.
Cross the small carrier stream by the footbridge to reach the main river where boards mark the boundaries. There is a 2nd footbridge about half way down the fishery.
Species: Chub, Barbel, Roach, Dace, Perch, Pike, and the occasional Carp plus Trout and Sea Trout.
Close seasons: 15th March to 15th June inclusive.
RULES OF THE FISHERY
- Fishing from dawn to dusk only, no night fishing.
- Park in designated area only.
- Keep to river bank.
- No dogs, tents, camping, fires, radios or firearms on the fishery.
- No tins to be taken onto the water.
- No fishing allowed on feeder stream.
- Please observe the statutory closed seasons for coarse and game fish
- and the occasional Carp and Trout.